Who we are
Grislybuzz.com (hereinafter “Grislybuzz”), is an English-language online media platform, providing up-to-date information, news, travel and lifestyle tips for Ugandans, Africans and People around the world.
If you continue to browse and use this Website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which may be changed by Grislybuzz.com. The term “Grislybuzz” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of this website.
Collecting and using your Information
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Contact form/ Newsletters
We do collect information on our users through Google Analytics, and when you sign up for our newsletter. We also collect information through comments systems and our contact form, at both you need to positively confirm the sending of your information as is needed under the GDPR guidelines.
If you have signed up for our newsletter in the past or future, or given us your email address because of something else, we will not sell or pass on your details to any other company.
We may send marketing emails to you on behalf of trusted partners, but haven’t done this till 2018. Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Grislybuzz uses “cookies” to speed up access to the site.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Third parties, Disclaimer, Intellectual Property, User content
- The Service may contain links to third party websites or resources and advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third-Party Ads”). Such Third-Party Ads are not under the control of the Company and the Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Ads. The Company provides these Third-Party Ads only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Ads. Advertisements and other information provided by Third-Party Sites Ads may not be wholly accurate. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources. When you link to a third-party site, the applicable service provider’s terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices govern. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party. Your transactions and other dealings with Third-Party Ads that are found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, are solely between you and such merchant or advertiser.
- You hereby release us, our employees, agents and successors from claims, demands any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from any interactions with or conduct of any users of the Service, or any Third-Party Ads.
- Subject to these Terms, the Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable license (without the right to sublicense) to use the Service solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes.
- You agree, represent and warrant, that your use of the Service, or any portion thereof, will be consistent with the foregoing license, covenants and restrictions and will neither infringe nor violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract or legal duty to any other parties. In addition, you agree that you will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances relating to the Service or your use of it, and you will be solely responsible for your own individual violations of any such laws.
- You acknowledge that all the text, images, marks, logos, compilations (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly of information), data, other content, software and materials displayed on the Service or used by the Company to operate the Service (including the Content and excluding any User Content (as defined below)) is proprietary to us or to the third parties.
- The Company expressly reserves all rights, including all intellectual property rights, in all of the foregoing, and except as expressly permitted by these Terms, any use, redistribution, sale, decompilation, reverse engineering, disassembly, translation or other exploitation of them is strictly prohibited. The provision of the Service does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights.
- You grant the Company the non-exclusive, worldwide, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable right to publish, distribute, publicly display and perform the User Content in connection with the Service.
- Each user of the Service is solely responsible for any and all his or her User Content. Because we do not control the User Content, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any User Content and we make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any User Content, and we assume no responsibility for any User Content. Your interactions with other Service users are solely between you and such user. You agree that the Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Service user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
Changes to the terms and conditions