Do you watch your favourite Instagram Reels for hours every day? Or do you permanently have a sore thumb from all the scrolling? Then take a break from Instagram. Whether you want to go offline for a few weeks or say goodbye to your account for good, less screen time never hurts. Wondering how to delete or deactivate your account? You can read it here!
Delete Instagram account or deactivate: what suits me?
Are you ready for an Instagram break? Then you have three different options:
When you want to take a short break, it’s best to uninstall the Instagram app. You can do this by holding down the app icon and dragging it to the trash. Your account will then continue to exist. Want to get back to your Instagram? Then just download the app and log in to your account. Easy peasy!
Do you want to turn off your account completely? Then deactivate it. This way, you temporarily disable your account and make it invisible to others. Even with this option, your account will continue to exist. Very useful for the doubter, because your photos of that unforgettable holiday with your best friends will not be lost.
Do you want to say goodbye to Instagram for good? Then it’s time to delete your account. Don’t forget to download all your favourite photos and videos first. It is of course a shame if you lose all those memories forever!
How do I delete my Instagram account?
Have you tried to delete your account through the app? Then you probably already know that this is not possible. You can only delete your account via the website. Here’s how:
- Sign into your Instagram account.
- Go to this special page on Instagram to delete your account.
- Click on the reason why you want to delete your account.
- Type in your password and click on ‘delete my account’.
- A notification will pop up asking “Are you sure you want to delete your account?”, Click on ok.
And voila! Say goodbye to your Instagram account!
Delete a linked Instagram account? Here’s how you do it
Do you have multiple Instagram accounts linked to a single login? Nowadays, Instagram no longer offers this option. So you can no longer add an account. However, you can delete a linked account. Here’s how:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Click your profile picture in the bottom right. You will now go to your profile.
- Click the three horizontal bars in the upper-right corner.
- Click Settings, then click Credentials.
- Click the account you want to delete, then click Delete.
How do I deactivate my Instagram account?
Would you rather have a temporary break? You can also arrange this via the website. Here’s how to start your Instagram detox in four easy steps:
- Open the Instagram website in your browser and log in.
- Click on your username in the top right corner.
- Click ‘Edit Profile’.
- Scroll down and click “Temporarily disable my account.”
Your account is now no longer visible to others. Are you ready to go back to Instagram? This is arranged in this way: you just have to log in to your account and it is activated again. It’s an easy task!
How soon will my Instagram account and its associated data be deleted?
The account won’t be immediately deleted, It will take Meta up to 30 days for the account to be deleted. If Instagram needs to keep certain information about policy violations and legal issues, the procedure could take up to 90 days. However, Your posts and profile, won’t be visible to other users.
A social media detox ensures that you have more time for other things. So start a new hobby, or chill out in the park with your friends. Want to spend even less time on your phone? Then set a limit on your screen time.
to spend even less time on your phone? Then set a limit on your screen time.