Ugandan G-nut and simsim sauce is a creamy and delicious sauce which is to easy to make. It is great to drizzle over just about anything. You can serve it over foods like- Sweet potatoes, rice, Matooke(Steamed mashed green bananas.). A healthy and yummy meal in less than 30 minutes.
These are the Instructions:
Ugandan g-nut and simsim Sause
- 1 Medium sized onion, diced
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Cup smooth G-nut/Peanut butter
- 5 Tablespoons tahini/sesame seed paste
- 1-2 Cups of Hot water
- Salt to taste
- In a sizable saucepan, sauté onions in vegetable oil until they are transparent. Add in minced garlic and sauté
- Add curry powder and ground ginger, stir for 3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes. Keep cooking until tomatoes become mushy.
- Add g-nut/peanut butter, sesame seed paste, and a cup of hot water. Stir frequently as you continue to cook over a low heat and bring the mixture to a thick, bubbly boil.
- The mixture will continue to thicken as it is heated. Keep stirring, adding hot water to make the sauce the desired consistency, either thick or watery paste sauce. Add Salt to taste.
- Serve with any of the following starchy foods: rice, potatoes and Matooke(Steamed mashed green bananas.)